Cookies are small pieces of information that some websites store on your computer. Cookies may contain authentication data, your session details, browsing history, etc.
It is recommended to regularly delete cookies from your browser to prevent websites from tracking you.
To delete cookies from Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Click on the wrench icon on the Chrome toolbar.
- Click on Options (under windows) and Preferences (under MAC and Linux).
- Click on the option which says “Under the Hood.”
- After that, click on the “Content Settings” present under the Privacy section.
- Under the Cookies section of the new pop-up window, click on “All cookies and site data”.
- Select a specific cookie under a site if you want to delete one cookie, and then click on “Remove” at the bottom of the cookie list.
- If you want to delete all the cookies listed on the cookies pop-up, scroll to the bottom of the list of presented cookies and click on “Remove All”.
Note: deleting cookies from Google Chrome wouldn’t delete cookies from other browsers.