If you forget your Facebook password, there is no need to worry; Facebook enables users to reset the passwords on their accounts. To reset the password:
- Navigate to Facebook’s URL through the computer browser. Do not sign in.
- Click on the link below the password box that says, “Forgotten Your Password?”
- Facebook will ask you to enter the following: either the registered email address or phone number that you used while creating the Facebook account, your Facebook username, or a combination of your name and friend’s name.
- Enter any one of the details and click on search to enable Facebook to locate your account.
- If prompted, enter the Captcha code.
- Facebook will search for your account and display all the email addresses that are linked with that account.
- Click on the “Reset Password” option.
- Facebook will send a reset password link to the email address listed in the previous step. Within five minutes of clicking on the “Reset Password” option, you should have the link to reset your password in your inbox.
- Open your email inbox and look for the reset password email from Facebook.
- Click on the link provided and answer any security questions necessary.
- Enter a new password for your Facebook account.
Your Facebook password will now be reset. Test this by logging into Facebook with your username and the new password.
Note: Use a different password for each of your accounts to prevent all your accounts from getting compromised at once.
This is one of our top 5 most popular articles! Get the other 4 best free internet security articles